What on earth does "supersedeas" mean? When a trial court enters a final judgment, such as a judgment for divorce or a final order for child custody, either party has the right to appeal the judgment to the Court of Appeal.  When the appeal is made the final judgment or order does not take effect. [...]

Child Support Deviation for Shared Custody

It comes as a surprise to many the child support does not automatically change when custody moves from sole to shared.  With sole physical custody, the child lives with one parent and visits with the other parent, typically on alternating weekends and holidays.  With shared physical custody the child lives about half the time with [...]

Go to Top