Review our website for valuable information on surviving a divorce
We have prepared this website to educate you about the key issues that arise in most divorces. Here is a sampling of the material we think you will find especially informative.
Dealing with the emotional fall out
- Download our pdf booklet, Reducing the chaos, for advice on protecting yourself during this difficult transition.
- See Tips for minimizing conflict for what you can do to avoid turning your divorce into a protracted all out war.
Doing the best for your children
- Watch our video, Avoiding a Fight Over the Children.
- Review Guidelines for parents for tips on protecting and reassuring your children as they adjust to their new circumstances.
Dealing with money and property issues
- Read Property division in an Illinois divorce to learn the basics.
- See Valuing and allocating or selling the house and Dividing personal property for information about dealing with these common assets.
- If you or your spouse owns a business, you may want to read Valuing businesses.
Mediating and settling your case
- To learn how mediation may help you and your spouse resolve your differences, see Why and how mediation works and Mediating child custody disputes.